Monday, July 9, 2007

my favorite eatery in san jose

last friday bops took me to falafel's drive in. whenever i come up to visit, there is only one thing i demand of her, and one thing alone: that we come here in san jose. i don't care what else we do while i'm there visiting - we could be staring at the ceiling for all i care, as long as we have lunch here. it's definitely no spago's, just a simple stand with benches to sit on outside - but do you need anything more than that??
we met up with lovely kristy and she drove us down there! bops introduced us and immediately found a common bond through our experience and heart for Brazil. if i didn't stop myself, i could have found myself talking about Brazil with her for days. Ahhh! we ordered our food and it's arrived!i was so excited i didn't know what to do with myself. the small falafel sandwich and a side of delectably seasoned pita chips!!! i chickened out and didn't get the banana shake this time. can anyone be so happy with the most amazing falafels you've ever tasted?me! i am! or at least was, for the 10-15 minutes it took for me to happily chomp on the food set before me! i don't like hot sauce, but there is this really nice and sweet red pepper sauce that comes with it. not only was it tasty, but sitting with my two friends with pleasant conversation on a sunny day made it even sweeter! before i knew it, i looked down at my tray and felt really sad when i realized i was finished with my meal.ah! que lastima! until my next visit, so long falafel's drive in!

1 Comments:

Blogger jenie said...

que lastima! if we come down to la, we'll bring you one.

July 11, 2007 at 11:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home